Mar 21, 2008

*Close to the Cross

It was Evangelist D.L. Moody who said, “Never get further than a day away from the Cross.” It was here Jesus made a fool out of the devil (Col.2). The Cross was no afterthought with God. Jesus was God’s Lamb “…slain from the foundation of the world.” And our Lord well knew it. For, in reference to this historical event, He said, “…for this cause came I into the world.” God does not want us to forget it. This was His purpose in establishing the Lord’s Supper. It is God’s forget-me-not. “This do in remembrance of me.”
Years ago, after a village meeting in Alaska, the pastor was flying me back to the Anchorage airport in a small 2-seater plane. We ran into a snowstorm so bad that I couldn’t see the wings for the blinding snow. I asked how he knew where we were going. He pointed to the instrument panel, showing me a little cross-like needle, then replied, “Just keep your eyes on the cross; it will keep us safe and on course.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...