Mar 9, 2008

*Heaven Helps Us

During a Bible conference some years ago, I mentioned to the people that there are various types of ministries. To explain mine, I said, in jest, “I’m not as interested in showing you how live in the ‘sweet bye-and-bye’ as I am in the “nasty now-and-now.” After my message, my good pastor friend, in all innocence and sincerity said, “You know, I find, when my mind is upon the “sweet bye-and-bye,” I live better in the “nasty now-and-now.” I took this gentle and instructive rebuke as from the Lord.

If you’re familiar with Bible biographies, as well as those written throughout history, you realize those who accomplish the most for this present world, were those who thought much on the next. They left their enduring mark upon this earth, because their minds were occupied with Heaven.

I believe the one main cause Christians are so ineffective in the world today is for this very reason; we no longer think of the other world. To quote one of my favorite authors, “Aim at Heaven and you will get the earth thrown in; aim at the earth, and you will get neither.” We shall never make a difference on this earth as long as the world is our main goal. We must learn to want something else more.

There will be no Heaven on earth until Heaven is in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...