Mar 6, 2008

Unanswered Questions

My wife sings a song that says, “When answers aren’t enough, there’s Jesus.” When I was first converted, there was a preacher who used to claim he could answer any Bible question in fifteen seconds. I trust now, in his old age, he knows better than to make such a foolish statement as this.

Recently, I saw a beautiful teen-age girl with her mother. The girl had only a stump for a left arm. It seemed to be a birth defect. Had she asked, I could have quoted for her the Scriptures. But, truthfully, I didn’t have the answer. Yes, we are to take things by faith, but that doesn’t always supply the answers.

I’m told in the book of Job that there are over four hundred questions. Someone has said, “It is alright to ask God a question, but it’s wrong to question God.” With some of our perplexing questions, we’ll just have to wait till we see Him face to face. Until then, we need to go on our pilgrim way, singing in our hearts:

We’ll talk it over in the bye-and-bye.
We’ll talk it over, my Lord and I.
I’ll ask the reason; He’ll tell me why,
When we talk it over in the bye-and-bye

"What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter." (jn.13:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...