May 19, 2008

*Skimpy Shelters

“Be it far from thee...this shall not be unto thee.” I have the same problem as Peter. I’m like an old mother hen. I like to overly protect those dear to me. I don’t want them to suffer any hardship or hurts, not realizing these things often are a part of God’s will for their lives. To such carnal reasoning our Lord says, “Thou savourest not the things that be of God.”

Attempting to shield our loved ones from God’s dealings with them, we become amateur providences and skimpy shelters. Trying to prevent the Lord’s workings in the lives of others, we do not realize it brings an obstruction between us and our God. Satan provokes us and then delights when we play God in the lives of other people. It is better to stay out of the Lord’s dealings with those close to us. “Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own?” says the Lord.

Too many of us are like Job’s wife; we want to spare our loved ones any suffering. But we need to wait and see “the end of the Lord.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...