May 31, 2008

Who's That Knocking at the Door?

“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” Notice Jesus did not say, “I want you to come out to me,” but rather, “I want to come in to you.” This church was in a sad, deplorable condition. The members were lifeless and filled with blind pride. What made things worse, they were both unconscious as well as unconcerned about the matter.

Out of our Lord’s letters to the seven churches, our text to the Laodiceans is the tenderest. Yet they were the least deserving. We learn from this Scripture that no matter what the state of other Christians may be in our assembly, one soul with a hunger for God may have intimate Divine fellowship in the midst of deadness.

Jesus told His disciples, “I have meat to eat, that ye know not of.” So does the “any man” of the Laodicean church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...