Jun 1, 2008

An Arminian Calvinist

“Father, all things are possible unto thee...nevertheless not what I will but what thou wilt.” For years I’ve heard the little cliché, “When you’re praying, pray like a Calvinist (Sovereignty); but when you arise from prayer, work like an Arminian (free-will). I believe we make a grave mistake by doing this. I find the reverse of this little saying is what brings great peace to my heart, banishing all frustrations.

What a joyful time it is in prayer to mull over God’s sweet promises, requesting He perform certain ones on my behalf. Like a bee that goes from flower to flower, I go freely from promise to promise. But when leaving that sacred closet of prayer, as I open the door to enter the world once again, to say in a still, small voice, “Nevertheless, thy will be done.” This is the peace that passes all understanding.

Let your request be known unto God, but leave the choice to Him

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...