Jun 9, 2008

We Are Not in Denial

We hear much about a person being in a state of denial. That is, they are unwilling to admit, or accept, an established fact. Self-denial is not necessarily the same as denying self.

When Jesus said, “Deny thyself,” He did not mean to deny personal self. To attempt this will lead to all sorts of spiritual problems. We must live with self until our termination at death, or transformation at His descent.

We are not to deny the recognition of self, but rather, we are to deny the “rights” of self. The old, Adamic, sinful, egotistical behavior pattern we have been nurturing since birth is to be denied any rights, under our new management.

I will always be me. Attempting to get rid of my personality is a slap in the face to my Creator. The thing that is wrong with me is my fallen nature. But now, with the new nature, I am enabled to squelch all the inherently evil things in my life.

I no longer have to pretend either to be what I am not, or not to be what I am. The so-called secret of the victorious life is not to be found in steps, formulas, or rules, but rather, by simply saying an emphatic “No” to the old nature by the help of the new Divine nature.

When the last Adam reigns in your life, you can deny the first Adam his right over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...