Jul 12, 2008

Ask Dad

I remember how that our three older children when they were small would send Charity to me, to ask for things they wanted; I guess, because she was the youngest and tiniest, they imagined she had something going for her. I might add, she was also the boldest! As I think back, there were very few times I denied her when she came on their behalf. We’d all get in the car and go get ice creams, or to the hamburger place. Of course, Chip (Charity) got in on all of this herself.

Martha knew something akin to this, when, after burying her brother, Lazarus, she said to Jesus, “I know that even now, whatsoever Thou wilt ask God, God will give it Thee.” Faith like this will always receive its request. Notice the words, “even now.” That is, it’s too late--it’s humanly impossible--it’s beyond all hope. Yet, “even now, if You ask God, He will give You what You ask.”

If I can just get Jesus to go to the Father on my behalf, I know I’ll have what I need. For God never denies Him anything. It matters not the darkness of the hour, the impossibilities of the situation, or the discouragement I may feel. If I can get Jesus to intercede on my behalf, to our Father, it will be no time until I’ll be “licking my ice cream, or eating my hamburger!”

“If ye shall ask anything in my name...I will pray the Father, and He shall give you...” (John 14:14,16)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...