Aug 17, 2008

God is Behind the Scene

I do not understand the intricate movements of my watch. Everything seems to move contrary to the other. So it is with God’s dealings in my life, yet I know they all work for my good. When time is no more, I’ll be able to look back and see every movement of my life was for my benefit regardless of how trying the circumstances.

The axe cannot cut without a hand first picking it up, and no instrument can be used against me unless the Lord first gives His approval. In spite of who brings the affliction to us, it is God that sends it. Augustine observes that the Bible did not say, “The Lord gave and the devil took away: but, the Lord hath taken away.” The hand that slaps me across the face could have been torn from its socket by Almighty God when it was first lifted up against me, had He chosen to do so.

May God help us today to see Him behind every affliction in our lives. May we learn to look past the instrument that brings the pain, to Him who works it for our good. In every unpleasant situation, bringing to mind Joseph’s words, “Ye thought evil against me, but God meant it for good.” Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...