Aug 14, 2008

Letter to a Friend (2 of 5)

To Phlegmatic, Christian and Friend:

Let me begin by saying how terribly sorry I am for not understanding you better, as well as for having misrepresented you over the years of our friendship. Because it’s your nature to be unemotional and detached, it appeared to me that you were indifferent and passionless in your friendships.

Like most people who judge others, I never looked for your good qualities, only those I ignorantly thought to be inferior. How blind I’ve been to those areas where you excel: your adaptability; your direct approach to solving problems; your sense of duty and responsibility; your obedience; the stabilizing effect you have on people, especially groups; how you never intentionally rock the boat. And I covet the spirit you display in having no need for the attention of others.

In closing, on behalf of our entire Christian family, let me say that we appreciate you more than you can know. We realize now you have a deep love and loyalty to our Lord, and your spirit of “keeping on” when others have thrown in the towel has been an inspiration to the whole household of God.

Your Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...