Aug 15, 2008

Letter to a Friend (5 of 5)

To My Four Unique Christian Friends,

I have written to each of you, personally and briefly. Please allow me now, in this last letter, to humbly address all four of you. There are some things I’ve observed in my ministry of over fifty years that I’d like to pass along to you.

Our greatest error and danger today is in seeking to develop the characteristics of the other. The real challenge is to accept one’s own temperament and rely upon the Holy Spirit within to emphasize the unique virtues we possess, while subduing our weaknesses that are inclined to surface from time to time.

Let us always keep before us David’s words in Psalms: “It is he [God] that made us, and not we ourselves.” It was David who refused to go in someone else’s armor. We’d be wise to follow his example.

Marred, yes; discarded, never! (Jer.18:1-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...