Aug 6, 2008

The Place to Transact Business

"They were pricked to their heart and said…Men and brethren, what shall we do?” I’ve had scores of Christians through the years tell me they liked preaching that stepped on their toes. I, personally, would rather hear the type that treads on my heart. For men, like Daniel’s image, have feet of clay and are prone to break in pieces when stepped on.

An old preacher advised me years ago to preach to the heart. He said, “When you get a man’s heart, you’ve got the whole man.” Every mother with wayward children knows this, even if we Christians do not. This is what Jesus did; He knew all of life’s issues proceed from the heart.

If you’re going to hit the bulls-eye, you must shoot straight for the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...