Sep 7, 2008

*One Bad Experience

I was a boy of eight or nine and had just finished playing baseball on an extremely hot day. I stopped at the corner ice cream parlor on my way home and got a delicious, creamy, vanilla ice cream cone. After consuming about half of it, while heading for the house, I got horribly sick and brought it all up. From that day, I never ate that flavor again until recent years.

How many of us in life are like this? We spend years blaming others for one bad experience, when all the time, it would never have transpired had it not been for the condition we were in at the time. What is so pitiful about the whole thing is that we could be enjoying that thing or person we blame if we only admitted it was not them or it that was the cause, but us! I now thoroughly love vanilla, but cringe when I think of the wasted years of enjoyment I forfeited by living on one bad experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...