Sep 19, 2008

You Can't Change the Unchangeable

“Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots?” There are some things in our lives that will never change. True, God can give both of these a new nature. The Ethiopian eunuch can testify to this as well as the leopard that lies down with the kid. But neither has a change of their skin or spots. They will always remain the same. Some are like Sisera’s mother, anticipating something that is never going to happen.

We need to read again the little “Prayer of Serenity”:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
Courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.


C.S. Lewis says, “Don’t you think the things people are most ashamed of are those things they can’t help?” I believe this to be true. But I also believe we should be ashamed of those things we can help and refuse to change.

I can’t change the wind’s direction, but I can change my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...