Oct 9, 2008

A Divine Invitation

If I understand it right, no one can approach a king on his throne except by the king’s personal approval. Esther realized this when she told Mordecai, “...whoever...shall come unto the king...who is not called...[shall be] put...to death.” That is, she adds, “...except such to whom the king shall hold out the golden sceptre.” She went on to say, “...I have not been called to come unto the king these thirty days.”

How I thank God that I can approach my King anytime, day or night—not with fear and trembling, but with full assurance in my heart. I am told I can enter boldly on the basis of the blood of His Son. Jesus is God’s “sceptre of righteousness” which God has reached out to me. Because of this, we have a Divine invitation to approach His throne. “Let us come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy (for past failures), and find grace to help (for the present) in time of need.” Yes, there are warnings in the Book of Hebrews, but, overall, it is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, books in the Bible on assurance and comfort for the believer.

Years ago, a man in England named Dr. Barnardo, took in little waifs from the streets of London. He clothed, fed, and gave them a home. One little fellow entered his office on a certain night, requesting help. The doctor asked who had recommended him. The reply from the little urchin was, “I thought these tattered clothes would be recommendation enough.”

Oh, how I thank God I can come to His throne today, knowing my tattered, soiled rags of failures and shortcomings will be recommendation enough for help in my time of need!

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...