Oct 26, 2008

Feeding the Feeder

As a new-born babe in Christ, I remember listening to The Old-Fashioned Revival Hour and Radio Bible Class every Sunday morning before church. On the weekdays, it was Back to the Bible. How I was fed through their ministries. Much of my spiritual growth as a Christian I attribute directly to these marvelous ministries.

Though I believe, generally speaking, one should tithe through their local assembly (if they are being fed and nourished from the Word of God), I also preached and practiced the truth that your offerings could prayerfully be given to a ministry, or ministries, that have been a blessing to you.

I am so thankful, as I look back over the years, that I supported some of these ministries on a regular basis. I knew what they did for me, and I dearly wanted them to do the same for others.

How I appreciate now that little handful of faithful friends who financially help us each month. A seasoned preacher told me when I first started out, “You feed God’s people and they’ll feed you.” I call it, “feeding the feeder. I praise God for my “feeders!”

“If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?” (1 Cor. 9:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...