Jan 18, 2009

Good and Evil

“Overcome evil with good.” There is no other way. Satan cannot cast out Satan. You can’t clean house with a dirty dust cloth. A doctor cannot cut out diseased tissue if his scalpel is defiled. He will only remove the one to leave another. It is health that fights disease.

And so it is in my Christian life. If I would eradicate a vice, I must cultivate a virtue. The best way to get rid of an immoral habit is to replace it with a good one. Instead of earthly evil being my food for thought, I must feed upon, and nourish my mind with, heavenly manna. Don’t feed on “devil’s food,” but on “angel’s food.”

This also applies to the faults and vices of my Christian brethren. I must fight his evils with opposites. If he is harsh and cruel, I must be kind and considerate; if possessive, I must be generous; if loud, I, soft-spoken; if carnal, I, then, must be Spiritual.

From Genesis to Revelation good ultimately and always triumphs over evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...