Apr 23, 2009

A New Tense in English

There are present, past, past perfect, present perfect, future, and future perfect tenses. A.W. Tozer was an outstanding wordsmith; in fact, I think he came up with some new ones of his own, along with their definitions. If you’ll permit me, I want to present a new tense; at least I think it is. What about a past present tense?

I’d like to believe it was a past present tense when Jesus said, “Get thee behind me, Satan.” We need to follow our Lord’s example in this respect, and assign the devil to a place in the past, while we’re living in the present. Anything or anybody behind us is part of the past. Remember, the cause of Lucifer’s fall was because he wanted to be first in line. How humiliating for the epitome of pride to be sent to the back of the line.

Whenever the devil comes to tempt you, leave him in the dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...