Aug 13, 2009

Rotten to the Core

“I am vile”… “O wretched man that I am!”… “Woe is me! for I am undone”…” Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.” Each of these men’s confession (Job, Paul, Isaiah, Peter) brought an end to self, nevertheless, it was the beginning of God in their lives. We are never as good as we think we are; but we are always worse than we think we are. When we come before God, it is possible to be too good, but we never need fear feeling we are too bad.

I am not speaking of morbidity that manifests itself in a false humility, but, rather, accepting sane, Scriptural facts about our inward condition. Until we see the utter corruption within, and stop making excuses, we will feel no reason for forgiveness. The Blood of Christ cleanses sin, not excuses. And we need not despair at the greatness of our sins. His grace is always greater.

In God’s sight, the Pharisee was a good bad man; the Publican, a bad good man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...