Sep 1, 2009

Our Great Temptation

“Ye shall be as gods…” This was (and is) Satan’s greatest spiritual temptation. A god knows more, has more, and is more. Whenever you are discontent with the spiritual person God has made you, you can be sure the devil is at work in your life. The cause of Lucifer’s fall was, “I will be like the most High.” He was not content with the spiritual person or position God had bestowed upon him.

We are to have God’s disposition, not his position. There are little “gods” running around who would like you to believe they are omniscient (all-knowing), omnipotent (all-powerful), and by the speed at which they move, you would think they are trying to be omnipresent (everywhere at the same time)! Spiritual pride is at the root of wanting to be miniature gods. But need I remind you, the Bible does not teach a plurality of gods, but just one God. “Beside me there is no God.” So says Jehovah.

It was a milestone in my own life when I realized I was never going to be an Apostle Paul, or some great Bible saint. Nor was there any hope of my ever emulating the physical Christ, other than in spirit. I’m just me; and God has seen fit to indwell this vessel of clay. My one main goal is to obey God, not be God.

“To obey is better...” Ask Adam and Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...