Sep 2, 2009

A Tribute to Tina

You may not know her, chances are you don’t; but I hope to God you are acquainted with someone akin to her. If you aren’t, I can guarantee, you’ll go through life a pauper for not having among your assets such a rare jewel. I consider myself richer for having the privilege of calling this exceptional human being my friend.

As her pastor many years ago, I saw her grow from childhood and blossom into womanhood, a beautiful specimen of the feminine gender. She had just turned eighteen, and after being married only a few months, she and her young preacher husband, riding in a bread truck, were hit head-on by another vehicle. The accident almost took her life. As a result, it left her paralyzed from the waist down. Some weeks after, after being told she would never walk again, she said to me from her hospital bed, “Preacher, whether I walk or am in a wheel-chair, I’m going to serve God.”

This was all a long time ago, and since then, Tina and her dear husband, John, have served God faithfully. They also raised two adopted sons. Over the years, Tina has been in and out of hospitals numerous times, and has suffered many things, one of which was having one of her legs amputated at the knee.

Tina Jane Green is my hero, and has been for most of my long ministry of fifty years. Her overcoming life has kept me going through the tough times. She gives testimony that if God gave her the choice of walking or staying in her chair, she would choose the latter, believing it to be God’s Perfect Will for her life. In all these many years, I’ve never heard her complain. Certainly, this is a display of Grace on God’s part; and old fashioned grit on hers!

A PERSONAL NOTE: Thank you, darlin’, for being a crutch for me to lean on these many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...