Oct 2, 2009

*Honorable Men and Women

“Naaman…was…honourable…but he was a leper.” Honor doesn’t negate defects in one’s life. We, like Naaman of old, can also be respected of our Master. In spite of all our shortcomings, we can still be honorable men and women. God knew about our undesirable traits when He saved us, but these did not turn away His love for us. Nor do these defective characteristics turn His head from us now. A marred vessel can be sparkling on the inside.

The greatest legacy we can leave our loved ones and friends is that we were honorable men and women. Beethoven said, “To me the highest thing, after God, is my honor.” Alexander Pope wrote, “An honest man’s the noblest work of God.” And the father of our nation said, “I hope I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an “honest man.”

I for one want to be on God’s honor-roll. I know of no greater epitaph than “He was an honorable man.”

The only garment of clothing a man or woman needs in their wardrobe is “Honor,” it will last them a life-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...