Dec 19, 2009

I'll Be Seeing You

A line from a beautiful love song of the 40’s say’s, “I’ll be seeing you in all the old familiar places.” Well, in John’s gospel he records the words of the Lover of our souls, before leaving this world, promising, “I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice.” And the old saint continues this exciting anticipation in his first epistle by telling us, “We shall see him as he is.” And in the Revelation, alone on Patmos, nearing his end, he adds “And [we] shall see his face.”

The gospel song puts it this way, “What a day that will be, when my Jesus I shall see; and I look upon his face, the One who saved me by his grace.” As the old timer’s would say of this promise of seeing our Lord face to face, “You can hang your hat on it.” That is, you can depend on it. I like the way Job put it, “For I know…after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh (Resurrection) shall I see God. Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold.”

Let me close by once again quoting “…the disciple whom Jesus loved.” Speaking to all the family of God he writes, “And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...