Jan 16, 2010

He Knows My Name

“I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep...he calleth his own sheep by name.” God knows His sheep on a first name basis. He not only knows the prominent ones, as Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; but he also knows the names of the least known among the saints. For example, a Gideon, who said, “My family is poor...and I am the least in my father’s house” is known by our Shepherd. He calls us all by name, even to the weakest vessel. “Jesus saith unto her, “Mary.”

You may feel overlooked and insignificant among so many sheep. You’re not first—not even a close second. In fact, you feel lost in this great crowd. You wonder if anyone loves you, cares, or has any interest in you at all. But, dear lamb let me assure you; He knows you personally. A flock of sheep may look uninterestingly alike, and hopelessly indistinguishable, but our Good Shepherd knows us each by name.

If He calls the stars by name, is it any wonder He calls His sheep by theirs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...