Feb 22, 2010

Living the Christian Life

I believe I can say without reservation that I have studied and meditated on the topic of Christian living more than any other subject in the Bible. No doubt because of the previous life I lived. My one main goal was, and still is, as Francis A. Schaeffer so ably put it, “How then shall we live?

The Christian life is just that: life. And just as there are daily duties to perform in this physical life, so it is in the spiritual realm. It isn’t mystical, but practical. In the early years of my Christian life I could not see this; but then I discovered the Puritans’ writings. And after standing on their shoulders, I was able to see clearly.

Paul feared the believers of his day were leaving “the simplicity that is in Christ.” My concern is that today’s Christian is leaving the simplicity of Christian living. It is not some deep, profound, secret. It’s simply acknowledging His right to Lordship in your life each new day; then follows Bible reading, confession, prayer and praise.

That’s it, there ain’t no more! The rest will take care of itself. Doing your daily chores will please your Father and will bring an inner satisfaction and peace to you. The one great descriptive word of the early Christians in Acts was, “And they continuing daily.” The Christian life is not “a one-time fix.” It’s, “Let us go on.”

We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action. ~Frank Tibolt

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...