Feb 16, 2010

*Riding Trains

As a young man in service and afterward, I rode trains to get to distant destinations. In many of the coaches the seats faced each other. I always chose the seat with my back toward the way we were traveling. The only thing wrong with that was that I could only see the past. I find many Christians have chosen to travel through life the same way. This type of person only gets a quick, passing glance at things; a fleeting glimpse of what others enjoyed in its entirety.

I’ve observed people who look forward in life delight in it much more than those who are always looking to their past. Yesterday’s manna always spoils today, no matter how good it may have been then. The old missionary said, “My future is as bright as the promises of God.” A promise has to do with the future, not the past. Living in the past keeps one from looking forward to the future. Paul’s secret to a successful life was, “…forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before.”

Remember, if you belong to God, the best is yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...