Feb 24, 2010

We Called Her "Granny"

“The memory of the just is blessed.” She was my mother-in-law, but more important, she was my friend. When I wanted to marry her daughter, most all the family was opposed to it because of the age difference (ten years). To this day I remember that sweet saint saying to me, “I don’t know why they’re against it; I think you’re a nice boy.”

That was close to fifty years ago. Since then she has gone on to meet her Lord that she loved so dearly. She had Alzheimer’s, and forgot her loved ones, but not the Lover of her soul.

If I were to characterize “Granny” with one word, it would be contentment. No matter what environment she was in, this precious soul was always calm. And this attribute had its effect on those present, especially on me. How I thank God she passed this serenity down to her daughter. It has helped keep this wild man sane these many years.

I miss you, Granny. I’m looking forward to seeing you in the near future. It will be wonderful to be in that land with you, where there is only peace and calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...