Mar 16, 2010

"All We Can Do Now Is Pray"

In times of crisis, how often each of us have used or heard the words in the title of this article. I wonder, had we started with prayer in those desperate times, if we would not have had to tie it on as an addendum? Prayer is without doubt the most necessary of all Christian duties, and without argument, the most neglected.

God’s answer to a nation in chaos is:

“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will .forgive their sin, and will heal their land”; Again, “Thus saith the LORD …unto all that are carried away captives, whom I have caused to be carried away …Build ye houses, and dwell [in them]; and plant gardens, and eat the fruit of them”; Again, “And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captives, and pray unto the LORD for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace”; “I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, [and] giving of thanks, be made …For kings, and [for] all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this [is] good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour.”

Political rallies, preaching, books, discussion groups, debates, Christian’s in office, and even voting, along with our incessant complaining, will never bring about national tranquility and peace. God Almighty said it was to be found in prayer! If the above mentioned acts were remedial, our Nation would have been healed long ago.

Our sickness is sin sickness, not the worlds, but our own. Most churches have yielded to the Canaanitish and Babylonish cultures of old, imitating their reasoning, immorality, nose jewels, markings in the flesh, along with their music, drunken partying, and dress. The Church no longer is in the world; the world has moved into the church. And that is when the old ship Zion sinks.

I don’t want to be a Jonah, but I personally have little confidence that our nation will ever return to the God of our fathers. I hope to God I am wrong! But it is not without cause I make this disheartening statement. Truthfully, how many do you think would show up at your church for on-going prayer meetings for our nation? And even worse is the fact that many of us wouldn’t attend more than once, if then. After all, we do not pray and fast for loved ones and those close to us in dire need; so why would we pray for God to change a wicked nation? As Ezra of old I say, “O my God, I am ashamed and blush to lift up my face to thee, my God.” What a sad state I am in!

Our problem is not in the White House, it’s in God’s House!

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...