Mar 26, 2010

*Heaven Is Home

When the Bible talks of Heaven, is it speaking in allegorical, figurative, or literal language? Personally, I believe a little of each. Though I do believe the undo attention given to the spiritualization of much of it, is unwarranted. The one thing I am absolutely assured of, even to the point of being dogmatic, is the fact that Jesus Christ literally abides there. It is, and always has been, His Home! As they say, “Home is where the heart is”; and His was always in Heaven.

When as a young man of just seventeen, I served with the military in Korea. There was not a day that passed I did not think about my home, I longed to be there. After my discharge, I arrived back at the old residence. Surprisingly, I found a dilapidated house; I had never noticed what a ramshackle place it was. Then I realized, it was never the place that made it home, it was the person, that precious little lady I called, “Mom.” It was she, the love of my life I longed for, not a crumbling building.

And so it is with our Heavenly Home, Heaven would be Hell without Him! Without Jesus, Heaven would be no more than a waste dump consisting of mounds of gold and expensive jewels. It is the Lover of our souls that makes Heaven Home. As the old gospel song goes, “Where Jesus is, ‘Tis Heaven there.” Is it any wonder Paul said, “To be with Christ…is far better.” The Apostle’s testimony was that of the old Puritan, “Christ stole my heart and ran away to heaven with it.”

Heaven would be dull without Him. But lovers are never bored in each other’s company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...