Apr 29, 2010

A Rose by Any Other Name is Still a Rose

While reading George MacDonald recently I came across one brief line that gave birth to this article. I find great writers say little, but like the small acorn, much comes from it.

The statement MacDonald used that caught my attention was this: “Jesus would not change into another thing what His Father had made into one thing.” That is, He would not change a stone into bread. If God said it is a stone, the Son would not say it is a loaf.

When Jesus changed the water into wine, it was still a liquid substance. When God changes a sinner into a saint, he remains a part of the human race. But I find many of us try to deny this by, as my Son Andrew says, “Running from our humanity.”

When I was associated with the Deeper Life groups I found most, if not all its adherence refused to accept that they were who they were. Paul states it this way, “I am what I am.” Or as my wife wrote in one of her articles, “It is what it is.”

When Jesus spoke of denying self, it was in reference to rights, not recognition. When the Holy Spirit comes into one’s life, his or her principles are converted from ones of depravity to that of Deity. Your tastes, likes, and temperament stay the same, but are now governed by the Divine Nature.

If you want to live a happy, contented life, I would strongly advise you to accept your humanity, live in the Word, obey it the best you can, and take it a day at a time. It will work, if you work it. It works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...