Jun 18, 2010

Never Say Never

“Peter answered and said unto him, Though all [men] shall be offended because of thee, [yet] will I never be offended.” Peter’s problem is ours: he thought himself a notch above his brethren. It takes God a long time to wean us of our pseudo spirituality.

Though we do not say with our lips, “God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are,” yet we think it in our hearts. As difficult as it is for some to admit, we are all cut from the same cloth. We’re “[men] subject to like passions as [they are]."

Paul tells us when we see a fault in a brother we are to “[consider] thyself, lest thou also be tempted.” You’ll remember it was Paul who rebuked Peter for his compromise, but who later was guilty of the same. Elijah had to find out the hard way, as many of us do, “for I [am] not better than my fathers."

To be sure, whenever we say, “I’ll never,” is when doing it is close at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...