Jul 2, 2010

*Born Procrastinators

“And Moses said unto Pharaoh...when shall I intreat for thee…to destroy the frogs from thee and thy houses, [that] they may remain in the river only? And he said, To morrow.”
A preacher I knew many years ago had a sermon on this text entitled, “One More Night With the Frogs.” I am sure many of you who are familiar with this story, like me, have wondered about Pharaoh’s choice. Why one more night of misery, when it could have been taken care of then and there? As the old saying goes, “Why put off till tomorrow what you can do today.” When serving as pastor, I used to tell my people, “I’m gonna never did nothin.”

I do not know Pharaoh’s reason for waiting, but I have observed most of us are born procrastinators. Diets started, jobs to be done, apologies needed, sins righted, old debts settled, along with an innumerable list, are generally put off until tomorrow. The little quip, “Tomorrow never comes,” seems to fit our particular situation every time. In spite of Bible admonitions such as, “Now is the time,” and, “Boast not thyself of tomorrow.”

Procrastination is opportunity's assassin. ~Victor Kiam

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...