Jul 1, 2010

*A Wonderful Word: "Friend"

It has been said, “A friend is someone coming in, when others are going out.” To our dismay, many of us have found this to be true from personal experience. It is these types that are known as fair-weather friends. How we need to hold to and cherish that small circle of genuine friends, of whom it is said stick closer than a brother and love us at all times.

I heard an old preacher once say, “If, when you die, you can count your true friends on one hand, consider yourself blessed.” As I get older, I find myself agreeing with this more and more. As you pass through the fiery trials of life, you’ll find few supposed friends indeed will be in your company on the other side of the furnace. But what a treasure those are who are there to greet you!

David and Jonathan give us a picture of an authentic friendship. In this knitted relationship we see that David needed Jonathan more than Jonathan did David. That is the way I feel toward my few friends. O how much I need them, more than they will ever know!

I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world. ~Thomas A. Edison

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...