Aug 23, 2010

Sad Saints

I agree with C.S. Lewis who says there are only two times a Christian is justified in being sad: when it has to do with his or her own sins, or when seeing other peoples’ sufferings. The Corinthians, I believe, would fit under the heading of the first and Nehemiah the second.

I wonder if Joseph’s question to the butler and baker couldn’t be applied to many of us, “Wherefore look ye so sadly today?” Or better yet, Jesus query to the two disciples on the Emmaus road, as they walked with the risen Saviour and were sad.

I find when I’m in such a sad condition, like Hannah of old; it is a good thing to have a talk with my High Priest. After her chat with hers we are told, “[She]…was no more sad.” And neither will we be!

There are over a thousand posts on our blog now. Enjoy them when you can. http://tjrds.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...