Jan 20, 2011

*The Magnet of Mercy

“God be merciful to me…” I came up with a little saying that has played a big part in my life. It goes like this: “When all else fails, try mercy,” It works for me every time. Mercy is defined as not getting what one deserves. The older I get, and the more I grow in the Lord, I am convinced I am unworthy of the least of His mercies.

But, thank God, that is what is so wonderful about mercy. It is not bestowed to the best of us, but to the worse. Those who consider themselves a notch or two above other men, and who approach God with an “I think thee that I am not as other men are” attitude, will never experience the sweetness of His mercy.

We have a Divine invitation to come to His throne of Grace that we may find mercy and help in time of need. I personally find myself frequenting this precious place many times throughout each day now. It’s refreshing and relaxing to my tired, weary soul.

God’s mercy is like a magnet; but sadly, not all are drawn to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...