Feb 7, 2011

*We Worriers

“Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?” The context shows Jesus is discussing anxiety in the life of His children. When I was a boy I was always small for my age (I’m 5’9’’ now). I wished to be taller, but I found wishing something so, doesn’t make it so. This was a constant, nagging, worry in my young life. But it was all wasted time, for while I was full of care, I was not conscious God was allowing the natural process of life to do its work (Mk.4:26,27).

Those things in life we can take care of need to be looked too; but, if out of our hands, committed to God and left there. O, I can artificially fix the problem by putting lifts in my shoes; but at the end of the day, when I step out of them, my problem is still there. I still come up short. We need to take a lesson from Zacchaeus, he didn’t worry about that thing in his life he could not alter, he just kept his eyes on Jesus. It is vain to worry night and day concerning those things which we have no power over (Psl.127:2).

Mark it down; the size of our God will be in direct proportion to our worries. If a long list of worries, our God grows smaller as the list grows greater. If few in number, God grows greater as each worry drops off.

Worry bankrupts the spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...