Jun 25, 2011

But Do You Know It?

While texting with my older daughter, Leah, recently, I reminded her of a Spiritual truth. Her reply was, “I know dat,” quoting her granddaughter (and my great-granddaughter) Ava, who is two.
What we generally mean by the statement, “I know that,” is that we are familiar with it. But do we really know it? As an old preacher used to tell his son, “Know a thing and know you know it.”

There is a double knowledge both in the Word and in life. The first has to do with head knowledge, the second with heart knowledge. Until the former sinks into the latter, we’ll never know that we know.

Lest any think I’m speaking in riddles, John, in his first epistle says, “And hereby we do know that we know…” John did not think it was good enough knowing a thing; he believed you should know you know.

A man, who knows there is a sink-hole on the route he daily travels, yet continually gets stuck in it, doesn’t know anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...