Aug 1, 2011

With Him

Father, I will that those which thou hast given me, be with me where I am.” My wife says, “I can understand me wanting to be with Him, but that He desires to be with me, I cannot comprehend.” Nevertheless, it seems to me that Christ will not be content till we are in His arms.

We saw this even when He was on earth. When He chose His disciples, we are told. “And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach.” Their ministering for Him came second to their being with Him. It would seem He likes to have those He loves around Him.

Jesus is preeminently a people person. We should love to be in His presence always. And also, we should long to have Him at all the family gatherings of His children. Please pardon the expression but, “He is the Life of the party!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...