Sep 29, 2011

Individual and Personal

“...all things work together for good...” Some time ago, at a late hour, on my knees next to my bed, feeling the weight of a burden I thought would crush me; I received new light on this text. Previously, I held it as a precious promise to all God’s suffering saints who loved Him. But, though it may be true collectively, this is only so because individuals have experienced it personally. It is possible this text may include everyone and me, but it can also exclude everyone but me. This Scripture must be approached as though I were the only one involved.

Others may be part of the mix that is working together in my life, but I am not to concern myself with them. For I do not know their hearts; but I do know mine, that I love God and am assured that everything will work out for my ultimate good. My good; His glory—what more could I want?

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...