Sep 19, 2011

*A PRAYER OF MOTHER TERESA

Although I radically disagree with this dear woman’s church, as well as their doctrine, I do agree with one of her prayers. And so does the Bible. In speaking of the poor and hungry she said, “Lord, give them through our hand this day their daily bread.

This was Jesus’ teaching to his followers. He knew He would be leaving this earth, therefore He was training them to give to others what He had given to them. This is seen in the feeding of the multitude. Matthew records, “He gave the loaves to the disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.”  The principle is, “Freely ye have received, freely give.”

A little barefoot boy was sitting on a curbside singing, “Jesus loves me.” A passerby asked the little urchin, “If Jesus loves you so much, then why hasn’t He given you some shoes?” The small toe-head replied, “O, I’m sure He put it into someone’s heart to help me, I guess they just didn’t want to!”   

 “Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these me brethren, ye have done it unto me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...