Oct 26, 2011

Say What You Mean/Mean What You Say

I am not against couples renewing their marriage vows. But as for me, fifty years ago, when I spoke those words to that lovely young lady standing beside me, I said what I meant and meant what I said!

And so it was when I bowed the knee to my blessed Lord fifty and four years ago. It is for this reason I personally do not believe in so-called “rededication.” What I do believe in is “repentance,” after one has broken their sacred vow to the Lover of their souls.

Far too many are copping-out, doing the first of the above mentioned, over and over again during a so-called “altar call,” when they should be doing the latter, with strong crying and tears in the privacy of their prayer closet.

Consecration is a once-for-all thing; repentance is on-going as long as we are in this flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...