Jan 20, 2012

*Appreciation of Creation

I believe few Christians have an appreciation for God's creation. A preacher friend in Canada took me outside one night to behold the Northern Lights. What an awesome sight it was! After seeing such a spectacular scene, I could only say with David, “When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him?”

On a visit to the Midwest some years ago, my wife and I ate at a Cracker Barrel restaurant. The decor is rustic, and all around there is memorabilia. As we stood in line to pay the cashier, I looked up and saw that the ceiling was full of the same. I mentioned to my wife, "Just think how many never enjoy the sight, simply because they don't take time to look up."

Maybe each of us should take the time to look up at Gods' wonderful creation one night soon. It is part of His works, and we should love to view The Carpenter's handiwork.

Jesus Christ is the Divine Architect for all of creation; don't neglect to view it. (RDS)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...