Jan 28, 2012

Helps and Helpers

“Then the disciples took him by night, and let him down by the wall in a basket.” Who were these disciples? What were their names? It is not recorded in the Holy Scriptures, but not because it was unimportant. There is always a name attached to every good thing done for God. Malachi tells us God has a personal journal that He keeps, called the “book of remembrance,” in which the names of such people are recorded. He refers to these unknown, unnamed saints as “my jewels.”

Paul never forgot this event. Years later, he recounts it to the Corinthian believers. My heart is moved when I think of all the helping hands that have undergirded me on my Christian journey. People who held the ropes that I might escape the enemy of my soul and fulfill God’s will for my life. Undoubtedly, this kind of people were the ones to whom the Apostle was referring when he penned “God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labor of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.”

I may have forgotten their names; I may have forgotten their faces. But I have never forgotten what they did for me. (R.D.S)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...