Feb 1, 2012

*The Humanness of Job

When you take humanness out of sainthood you create a monster, a “Super-Saint.” A creature no one else can relate too, other than their own self-fashioned, self-deceived kind. One who, if ever there was a vacancy in the Godhead, would be the first to apply for the position.

These superior saints would never utter the words that fell from the lips of this common man of clay. For their standing before the brethren is of more value to them than their standing before God. The words I refer to concern Job’s prayer life, “If I had called, and he had answered me; [yet] would I not believe that he had hearkened unto my voice.”

Matthew Henry, commenting on Job’s words and what he was essentially saying, puts it this way, “Had He given the thing I called to Him for, yet, so weak and defective are my best prayers, that I would not believe He had therein hearkened to my voice.” Had God done so, his answer to the one relaying the good tidings, I believe, would no doubt have been the same as Mary’s to Rhoda, when Peter was delivered from prison while they prayed, “Thou art mad.”

What a wonderful God we have who would send His precious Son into the world in human form that He might explain to the Father Humanity’s humanness. No doubt, because He does understand this, it is written, “If we believe not, [yet] he abideth faithful.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...