Mar 10, 2012

He’s Lord of the Ship

It is difficult for me to understand people who misunderstand Lordship. It seems like something that is so simple, clear, and settled in Heaven, would not be so hotly debated on earth. He did teach us to pray “...on earth as it is in heaven,” did He not?

I can’t imagine anyone wanting to argue over His Lordship. To me, it is an established fact. I don’t know where the term “Lordship salvation” came from, but that is not the issue. What is plain is that all the major texts in the New Testament on salvation in Jesus Christ always have His Lordship associated with them.

I have seen people go to a so-called “altar” and return to the pew saying they made Jesus Lord of their lives. Preachers and evangelists constantly appeal to their hearers to make Jesus Lord. I’ve listened to long, drawn-out testimonies of how someone was supposedly saved, and, after continuing in sin for years, they finally made Jesus, Lord.

The truth is, no one can make Jesus, Lord. We are told in Acts 2:36, “..that God hath made…Jesus…Lord…” Only a Sovereign God has the right and power to make Him Lord. I can acknowledge Him as such; I can confess Him to be my Lord; but I cannot make Him Lord. He is Lord, no matter what I say, think, or do.

If Jesus Christ is not Lord of the ship I’m on, then I’ve taken the wrong ship.

“[N]o man can say that Jesus is Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.” “David in Spirit call[ed] him Lord.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...