Mar 14, 2012

Loving Life

There are small pockets of dear folk in Christianity who believe and teach that life is simple, and that it should be lived accordingly. I’m sure all believer’s wish it were so, but that is not reality. Life is a paradox. It is both fascinating and perplexing; wonderful yet mysterious. To escape the unpleasantries of life, as Paul wrote…“for then must ye needs go out of the world.”

I told my wife once while driving how I thanked God He created and chose me to be His own, that He put me on this earth to live among mankind. To think that I may have, but for God’s grace, never existed, being a nonentity, boggles my mind. But living this life without my Maker being central to it, well, as our Lord said, “…good were it for that man if he had never been born.”

Yes, there can be some bitter experiences along life’s journey. But just as Moses put the tree into the bitter waters, making them sweet for God’s people to drink, so we can put Christ into every bitter situation, thereby transforming bitterness into sweetness. As in mixing a cake, many of the ingredients are distasteful when taken separately, but when mixed together, and after enduring the heat, it is a delight

Peter speaks to Christians who “love life.” Well I’m one who does. “The life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...