Apr 20, 2012

Hide-and-Seek

“…the Lord hideth his face…I will look for him.”  When our four children were young, on family nights we would often play hide-and-seek. I always chose the darkest spot, because I knew each child’s fear of entering into such a place. But, in spite of this, they would still boldly venture into the dreaded area, because they knew they could find me there. It was a thrill for them to find the others, but it was a special joy to find their father. That was always apparent by their cheerful countenance when I came from the dark shadows.

For one reason or the other, our Heavenly Father hides Himself, from time to time, from His children. During such intervals, we are to diligently seek Him. Seeming discouragement can be turned into encouragement, if we look for Him aright. His promise to us is, “…ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...