Jun 10, 2012

The Great Things of the Lord

“They shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness”...“Tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee.”

Rosalind Goforth was the wife of that remarkable missionary to China, Jonathan Goforth (1859-1936). In her book entitled, How I Know God Answers Prayer, The Personal Testimony of One Life-Time, the above two scriptures are found in the forward.

Upon reading them I was immediately struck by the fact that this is what we are to busy ourselves with. Telling hopeless individuals, “The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.” To which they can echo, “The Lord hath done great things for them.”

Some, said Mrs. Goforth, after reading her book asked, “How could you tell such personal and sacred incidents in your life?’ Her answer was simple and direct, “I had to or disobey God.” She writes that for some time she wouldn’t tell these things, but got to the place she could no longer keep them in.

Jeremiah had a similar experience I think many of us can relate to also. “Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But [his word] was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not [stay].”

Our Great God, who does such “Great Things,” ought not to be kept a secret by us.
(R.D.S.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...