Jul 5, 2012

You're Not Alone

“Scripture saith of Elias… Lord…I am left alone… But what saith the answer of God unto him… I have reserved to myself seven thousand…”

Many years ago, a young business man and his wife approached me at a camp meeting. I had just finished preaching, and as he walked up, he put forth his hand to shake mine. The first words out of his mouth were, “I thought I was the only one until I heard you. I felt like I was going crazy at times.” As a result, he became one of my dearest friends, as well as a faithful supporter.

Since then, others have echoed his sentiment. One man suggested it would be nice if this small remnant of rag-tags were all in one place. But this, of course, would necessitate removing the lone candle from the dark place in which God placed each of us. Elijah, like you and me, forgot there are others in this war, although we may not always be able to see them in the dense jungle in which we battle.

O dear friend, never let the devil get you to think you’re the only one. Like you, there are others who are in the same fight, with like temptations, and sufferings in their flesh. They have kindred fears, problems, and anxieties. This little band of misfits, like you, are misunderstood and misrepresented by their contemporaries also. But remember, though they be far off and cannot share your grief, there is One who was also put “outside the camp,” who can and will.

“Are you weary, are you heavy hearted? Tell it to Jesus, tell it to Jesus.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...