Aug 4, 2012

HAPPY YEAR OF JUBILEE

The “Year of Jubilee” was a special year for Israel. It occurred only once every fifty years. This coming week, August 9th, will also be a very special time for someone I love dearly, my firstborn son, Andrew. On the date mentioned he will celebrate his 50th Birthday.

I still remember the unspeakable happiness that filled my soul when the nurse told me I had a son. Or putting it scripturally, “[She] who brought tidings to my father, saying, A man child is born unto thee; making him very glad. And again it says, “For joy that a man is born into the world.”

And what a man he has become! He is everything that a Christian father desires in his son. To start with, just to list a few of the  qualities he possesses: He is manly; a wonderful father and husband; a delightful grandfather; a true friend; a loving, compassionate pastor; a man of character and great integrity; and most important of all, he is godly to the core, loving his God with all his being.

The one thing for which I am most thankful to God is that which the Lord said to David, I believe it’s true of my son also.  “…for I have chosen him [to be] my son, and I will be his father.” Is it any wonder  Andrew’s life verse is, “But thou [art] he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope [when I was] upon my mother's breasts. I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou [art] my God from my mother's belly.”

This Lord’s Day, my wife and I will travel from our home in San Andreas, CA to Scotts Valley. We will attend Cornerstone Bible Church and listen to one of the greatest preachers of this generation. And then, after the service, along with his faithful flock and family, celebrate his 50th year on God’s good earth.

PRAYER: Dear Lord, I am so thankful you know what it is like to be a Father and have a Son you love so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...